I’m late to this, seeing as it’s already gotten a bunch of awards including one from the Academy, but wow. Everyone involved in making this should be proud of the work they’ve done. Having said that…:
- Some action scenes (looking at you, final boss battle) are too fast-paced with too much unnecessary stuff going on in the background, just because they could.
- PP’s death was… banal. Is this how he died in the comic book? Sheesh.
- Auntie May should got over his death quickly too.
- That’s not how a linear accelerator looks like or works (not on this Earth, at least).
- But take note: I saw this on the back of an airplane seat during a red-eye flight with a sleeping offspring ramming her head into my flank every few minutes, and I still thought it was amazing. Five stars, will see again.
Directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, 2018